Suspension Yoga Classes
Our Suspension Yoga classes combine the opportunity to experience traditional yoga poses with the support of a beautifully designed suspension hammock; all while building core strength and having fun. Participants will relax, breathe and gain flexibility as they become familiar with the use of our suspension slings. Participants will also gain self-confidence, learn mindfulness and develop better social skills through suspension games and group poses. Some health benefits of suspension yoga include spinal decompression, better circulation and increased flexibility and blood circulation. No yoga or suspension yoga experience needed. Before attending your first suspension yoga class be sure to familiarize yourself with our Suspension Yoga Safety Checklist.
Classes are 45 minutes in length and booked by the month.
November 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
6:15pm – 7:00pm Ages 6+
Suspension Yoga Safety Checklist
Applies to Participants of All Ages
- Do not wear nylon clothing or any fabric that may be slippery against the nylon parachute material
- Wear comfortable, unrestrictive clothing – no shorts
- Ladies should wear sports bras that will provide support during inversions
- Gentlemen should consider wearing either jock-straps or compression underwear
- Remove any loose items out of pockets before inverting (coins, cell phones, etc.)
- Remove any jewelry or restrictive accessories before using
- Avoid heavy meals prior to class, but do have something light or bring juice to avoid low blood sugar levels
- Wait at least 15 minutes after consuming liquids before performing inversion
- Do not invert while taking anti-coagulants or Advil
- Use awareness and proper form with each movement
- Always listen to and honor your body’s needs. Disengage from any painful movement
- Remember to breathe in all positions or routines. Do not hold breath
- Drink water afterwards and stay hydrated during class to maximize the effectiveness
- If you suffer from hypoglycemia or low blood sugar, bring light snacks or sweetened tea
- Maximum weight tolerance is 300 lbs
If you have been diagnosed with or are experiencing the symptoms of any of the following conditions, do not invert without your doctors approval.
- Ear, eye sinus disorders or infections in the head
- Recent surgery or trauma to any internal organs
- Broken or fractured bones in the hip/torso area
- Recent head/brain injury or trauma
- Heart and/or circulatory disorders
- Severe spinal cord trauma
- Fused vertebrae
*If you are on your menstrual cycle please inform the instructor.
It is also recommended that you always consult with your doctor before beginning any exercise program.