Inversion Therapy – $20 Per Session (20 mins)
“You can do it put your back into it!” – Ice Cube
With age, comes issues. One of the most common is back pain. When inversions are preformed in the Suspension Yoga™ Gym, the force of gravity pulls in the opposite direction to help correct subluxations in the spinal column. This gently aligns and decompresses the spine, relieving pressure off the spinal discs and helps diminish back pain. Studies have proven inversions to be helpful to correcting or greatly improving the condition of herniated discs, herniated nucleus pulposis, spondylolisthesis, lumbar osteoarthritis, sciatica, paralytic scoliosis and inclinatory skeletal defects (rib angle changes, thin discs and compression wedging of the vertebrae.
Furthermore, the human spine is not developed until about the age of 12. Inverting at a young age can prevent spinal problems before they start as well as creating postural awareness. This is particularly important given the amount of time children (and adults) sit hunched in front of a computer or at poorly designed desks.
Adult Suspension Yoga – $20 Per Class (45 min)
Parents, we don’t just cater to kids!
Adult Suspension Yoga™ offers an energizing and relaxing way of exercising, through inversions and aerial movements that leave you feeling relaxed while experiencing a full body work out. The YogiGym® is used for all classes and all fitness levels, allowing you to achieve deep stretches in a fully supportive way. Suspension Yoga™ helps develop core strength, create balance and the suspended inversions create a deep feeling of relaxation. This type of yoga addresses conditions related to spinal health, and provides numerous benefits related to the body’s functions and overall well-being. Before attending your first Suspension Yoga, class be sure to familiarize yourself with our Suspension Safety Checklist below.
Suspension Yoga Safety Checklist
Applies to all child and adult classes
- Do not wear nylon clothing or any fabric that may be slippery against the nylon parachute material
- Wear comfortable, unrestrictive clothing – no shorts
- Ladies should wear sports bras that will provide support during inversions
- Gentlemen should consider wearing either jock-straps or compression underwear
- Remove any loose items out of pockets before inverting (coins, cell phones, etc.)
- Remove any jewelry or restrictive accessories before using
- Avoid heavy meals prior to class, but do have something light or bring juice to avoid low blood sugar levels
- Wait at least 15 minutes after consuming liquids before performing inversion
- Do not invert while taking anti-coagulants or Advil
- Use awareness and proper form with each movement
- Always listen to and honor your body’s needs. Disengage from any painful movement
- Remember to breathe in all positions or routines. Do not hold breath
- Drink water afterwards and stay hydrated during class to maximize the effectiveness
- If you suffer from hypoglycemia or low blood sugar, bring light snacks or sweetened tea
- Maximum weight tolerance is 300 lbs
If you have been diagnosed with or are experiencing the symptoms of any of the following conditions, do not invert without your doctors approval.
- Ear, eye sinus disorders or infections in the head
- Recent surgery or trauma to any internal organs
- Broken or fractured bones in the hip/torso area
- Recent head/brain injury or trauma
- Heart and/or circulatory disorders
- Severe spinal cord trauma
- Fused vertebrae
*If you are on your menstrual cycle please inform the instructor.
It is also recommended that you always consult with your doctor before beginning any exercise program.